Date of Last Revision: May 10, 2016
By using the Site in any manner, including simply browsing or accessing the Site, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your information, including personally identifiable information, as outlined in this Policy.
Zampell reserves the right to revise this Policy, at any time and in its sole discretion, without notice, by posting the revised Policy on the Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for revisions. Your continued use of the Site following that posting constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy. If Zampell makes any change to this Policy, it will update the “Date of Last Revision” above.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
In general, you can visit and use the Site without telling Zampell who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. The following is a list of the categories of information, including personally identifiable information, that Zampell may collect from you when visiting or using the Site.
- Analytics: Zampell may also collect, or use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to collect, certain information about how you use the Site via cookies or other technologies. The information collected and used in this manner is anonymous, non-personally identifiable information that may include information about your computer, your browsing actions and patterns, the details of your visits to the Site, your location, the resources that you access and use on the Site, information about your internet connection, your IP address (i.e., the Internet address of your computer), your operating system and your browser type. This information will be transmitted to and stored by Google Analytics on its servers. Google Analytics will use this information for the purposes of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google Analytics may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google Analytics’ behalf. Google Analytics will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google Analytics. By using the Site, you consent to the processing, use and disclosure of information about you by Google Analytics in the manner and for the purposes described above. Google Analytics has created a tool, which allows you to opt out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. “Google” and “Google Analytics” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google, Inc.
- Non-Personally Identifiable or Aggregated Information: Zampell may collect anonymous, non-personally identifiable information about you, as well as aggregated or statistical data that is not intended to identify you personally, for Zampell’s own internal purposes, including modifying the Site in order to improve your experience, or for purposes of sharing with third parties for marketing, advertising, or other purposes.
- Information that You Voluntarily Provide: If you contact Zampell, including to submit service or employment queries via the Site, or concerns or comments regarding the Site, Zampell may collect any personally identifiable information that you provide about yourself in that communication (including telephone number or other contact information, resume information or work experience, education or other similar information), as well as the content of that communication, whether done via email, mail, “Contact Us” section or similar page, phone or otherwise.
USE OF INFORMATION
Zampell may use the information, including personally identifiable information, collected from you in any of the following ways:
- to comply with state and federal law,
- to support any customer or other business relationship that Zampell may have with you,
- to personalize your experience on the Site,
- to analyze your use of the Site, or to modify or improve the Site or Zampell’s business,
- to contact you regarding your use of (or any changes to) the Site,
- to facilitate communication between Zampell and you, including responding to your inquiries submitted via the Site,
- to evaluate your submission for possible employment as further described below under “Resume Submission”,
- to interact with Zampell’s agents, service providers, contractors and other third parties that provide Zampell with certain services in connection with running the Site, and
- to prevent illegal activities or conduct, to prevent fraud or intellectual property infringement, and for other legally permissible purposes.
The provisions in this “Resume Submission” section will apply to all information, including any resume, that you provide to Zampell when applying for possible employment with Zampell through the Site (including by submitting your information and employment inquiry through the “Contact Us” section of the Site) or by using the other methods of contact (including by email or fax) described on the “Contact” page (collectively, “Employment Application”). The identifiable information about yourself that you provide to Zampell as part of your Employment Application (“Applicant Data”) will be used for human resources purposes (including recruiting and evaluating your submission for possible employment) of Zampell, or if applicable, one or more of the other entities within the Zampell family of companies (collectively, “HR Purposes”).
By submitting your Employment Application, you confirm and agree that:
- you have reviewed and consent to this Policy,
- Zampell and/or its third party service providers may process your Employment Application for Zampell’s recruiting purposes and evaluation of your submission for possible employment; and
- your Employment Application, including your Applicant Data, may be transferred to one or more of the other entities within the Zampell family of companies for HR Purposes.
Your Employment Application will be maintained in Zampell’s applicant database for a minimum of one year (and information may be deleted after such time). Zampell may initiate periodic updates to its files, although you may communicate changes of address or telephone to Zampell when necessary.
To safeguard against unauthorized access to Applicant Data by third parties outside of Zampell and its family of companies, all electronic Applicant Data are maintained on Zampell’s systems that are protected by secure network architectures that contain firewalls and intrusion detection devices. The servers are stored in facilities with comprehensive security and fire detection and response systems.
Zampell limits access to its internal systems that hold Applicant Data to a select group of authorized users who are given access to such systems through the use of a unique user name and password. Access to Applicant Data is limited to and provided to individuals for the purpose of performing their job duties (for example, to Zampell’s human resources director who needs to follow up with you on your Employment Application).
However, as further described below under “Security”, no security measures are 100% effective and Internet communications have inherent insecurities. As such, you should be mindful about the types of information that you choose to include as part of your Employment Application and should never include sensitive data (such as your social security number, date of birth, etc.).
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Zampell is not in the business of selling, renting or leasing your information, including personally identifiable information, to others.
Zampell may share your information as described below:
- Zampell may share your information, including personally identifiable information, with its agents, service providers, contractors and other third parties in order to allow them to provide certain services or perform certain functions or duties on Zampell’s behalf, including hosting the Site and providing internet service, data analysis, or enhancing the features and functionality of the Site. In all cases, these agents, service providers, contractors and other third parties are required to act in accordance with this Policy or have otherwise agreed to use this information only in order to provide or perform their respective services, functions or duties.
- Zampell may share your information, including personally identifiable information, to other Zampell companies or entities.
Zampell also reserves the right to disclose your information, including personally identifiable information, when Zampell, in its sole discretion, believes that disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with laws,
- comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government investigations, or other legal processes,
- investigate, prevent or respond to allegations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other unlawful activity,
- protect the rights, property or safety of Zampell, its agents, employees, personnel or others, or
- respond to an emergency or protect the personal safety of any person.
Also, in the event Zampell goes through a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, Zampell reserves the right to sell or transfer to the acquiror or other party in such transaction all or any information, including personally identifiable information, that it has collected about you in connection with the Site. By using the Site, and providing your information, including personally identifiable information, to Zampell, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
Zampell may also share anonymous, non-personally identifiable information, as well as aggregated or statistical data, with third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
ACCESSING OR CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
Zampell allows you to change, delete or correct inaccuracies in, your information, including personally identifiable information, that Zampell collects via the Site by contacting Zampell as provided below. Zampell may retain certain of your information if required by law.
Zampell has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain the accuracy of the information that Zampell collects and stores. These security measures include, by way of example, secure network architectures that contain firewalls and intrusion detection devices, password protected directories and databases to safeguard information or SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely.
These policies seek to comply with all state and federal data privacy laws. Zampell believes that it has implemented a robust approach to protect your security; however, because no security regimen is 100% effective, Zampell cannot guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information or other communications will always remain secure. Zampell will comply with applicable laws in notifying you of any data breach of your personally identifiable information.
Occasionally, at its discretion, Zampell may include information regarding third-party products or services on the Site or links to third-party websites on the Site. Zampell cannot control and is not responsible for the information collection or privacy practices (or lack thereof) of these third parties or websites. These practices may differ significantly from Zampell’s practices. Zampell encourages you to review and understand the privacy policies of these third parties or websites before providing any information to them.
CHILDRENS ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. Zampell does not knowingly solicit or collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Because Zampell values your privacy, it has taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. Zampell, therefore, will not distribute your personally identifiable information to third parties, including for their direct marketing purposes, without your consent or in a manner that is contrary to this Policy.